The optimus red sound level meters use the very latest digital technology and industrial design to give you the ideal instrument for Occupational and Industrial Hygiene noise measurements.
For Occupational Noise and Industrial Hygiene, measuring the noise exposure of employees quickly and reliably is essential. The optimus red sound level meters are the ideal instrument for these applications with a clear, high resolution OLED colour screen, a wide 120dB measurement span (up to 140dB(A) and 143dBC Peak) and simultaneous measurement of all available parameters.
There’s no setup or complicated configuration needed. Just switch on, calibrate and press start. It’s that simple.
VoiceTag audio recording
Before each measurement is made, you can record a VoiceTag by simply speaking into the microphone.
You can record notes about the measurement location, describe what is being measured or simply store information that may be useful at a later date. The VoiceTag recordings are downloaded with the noise measurement data and can be played back from within the NoiseTools software.
The ideal instrument for any application
With two additional “virtual” noise meters running at the same time, you can meet any noise regulation, guideline or standard. Whether you need to meet the UK and EU Regulations, measure to OSHA HC & PEL, MSHA, ACGIH or any other regulation, an optimus red is the ideal instrument.
- Occupational & Industrial Hygiene Noise Evaluations
- Noise measurements to the 2005 Control of Noise at Work Regulations
- Noise measurements and noise exposure calculations to OSHA HC & PEL, MSHA, ACGIH and more
- Noise Exposure Calculations to ISO 9612
- Selection of hearing protection using the Octave Band Method and the NoiseTools database.
- Hearing Protector Selection using the HML with C-A
- Machinery Noise Tests
- Noise Ordinance & Community Noise Assessments
- General Noise Measurements
- Simple operation with an ergonomic design
- Simultaneous measurement of all workplace noise parameters with additional two “virtual” noise meters
- VoiceTag™ note recording
- AuditStore™ measurement verification
- Latest digital technology with a high resolution colour OLED display and back-lit keypad
- Measure up to 140dB(A) and 143dB(C) Peak with a single measurement range
- Real-time 1:1 Octave Band Filters
- NR & NC values & curves on screen
- Pause & Back Erase as standard
- Standard 4GB memory with factory option of 32GB
- Long battery life
- Measure up to 170dB with the optional MV:200EH microphone system
The optimus red comprises the A, B, C and D variants, each of which can be specified as either Class 1 or Class 2. All of the instruments can measure Sound Level functions plus Lmax and Lmin with all frequency and time weightings.
- The A versions measure the Integrated noise levels such as Leq and LAE, C-A, Peak Sound Pressure and the virtual noise meters for OSHA/MSHA/ACGIH.
- The B versions provide the same functions as above but with the addition of Data Logging so that measurements can be downloaded to the NoiseTools software. The VoiceTag audio recording is available on the B versions.
- The C versions add Real Time Octave Band Filters to the functions of the B versions which can be used for the selection of hearing protection.
- The D variants add NR & NC values and curves directly on the instrument display.
- CR:162A Class 2 Integrating Sound Level Meter
- CR:161A Class 1 Integrating Sound Level Meter
- CR:162B Class 2 Integrating Sound Level Meter with data logging & VoiceTag™ audio note taking
- CR:161B Class 1 Integrating Sound Level Meter with data logging & VoiceTag™ audio note taking
- CR:162C Class 2 Integrating Sound Level Meter with real-time 1:1 octave band filters, data logging & VoiceTag™ audio note taking
- CR:161C Class 1 Integrating Sound Level Meter with real-time 1:1 octave band filters, data logging & VoiceTag™ audio note taking
- CR:162D Class 2 Integrating Sound Level Meter with real-time 1:1 octave band filters, data logging, NR/NC curves & VoiceTag™ audio note taking
- CR:161D Class 1 Integrating Sound Level Meter with real-time 1:1 octave band filters, data logging, NR/NC curves & VoiceTag™ audio note taking
Would you like more information?